Kindred Spirit Doula understands pregnancy is a joyous and highly emotional time in a women’s life. As an Oklahoma City Doula, I tailor my pregnancy services around the individual needs of the expectant mother. With an array of decisions to make leading up to the birth, I can provide you with the knowledge and support necessary to have confidence in your birth plan.
My goal as your birth doula is to offer:
• continuous emotional support
• physical comfort measures
• access to information during your labor
I believe birth is a healthy, natural process that has worked since the beginning of time and continuous labor support can help women have a positive, empowering birth experience. This special time in a women’s life can be enhanced when the proper support is available to aid the expectant mother throughout the pregnancy journey and birth process.
Statistics show women who are attended by a trained labor support person are:
• 28% less likely to give birth by cesarean section
• 31% less likely to use synthetic oxytocin to speed up labor
• 9% less likely to use any pain medications
• 34% less likely to rate their childbirth experience negatively (Hodnett and colleagues 2011)
In addition to being a DONA certified birth doula, I’m also a Monitrice (OMA) Craniosacral Therapy Provider. Craniosacral therapy is a noninvasive and effective hands-on body treatment for babies, children and pregnant women. This form of therapy can assist with the correction and prevention of a wide range of physical and emotional issues. This includes stress, headaches/migraines and morning sickness.
If you’re interested in learning more about how birth and pregnancy services can assist you, contact me at 405-684-6167.